Describe Your Solution:
Global Food Exchange™ purchases highly nutritious freeze-dried and dehydrated meals at extremely low price points during normal manufacturing periods. We then pre-package the meals, drinks, and all equipment needed to serve them (such as cooking equipment, serving supplies, water purification systems, portable shelter, tables, lighting, etc.) in standardized shipping containers and store them near disaster prone areas. When a disaster occurs, these containers (Food Relief Vaults) can then be immediately deployed to the hardest hit areas and set up for immediate food relief, from strategically located global facilities. The containers are fully self-sufficient and don’t rely on electricity or external fuel, making the products ideal in ground zero relief efforts.
Global Food Exchange™ recognizes that safe drinking water is an essential item following any disaster. It is our goal to provide all forms of clean water solutions to those in need. A Water Relief Vault or WRV is an ISO shipping container specially designed to house a 100,000 gallon per day (gpd) high-tech Industrial Reverse Osmosis System (IROS) with integrated diesel generator sets, and containerized desalination systems.
Our systems consist of complete desalination systems built inside intermodal shipping containers. They are suitable for permanent installations on feed waters containing more than 10,000 ppm of dissolved solids. The units are designed for cost-effective shipment and installation, long-term dependability, and superior energy efficiency.
The WRV offers the following features:
- All systems built inside 40 ft container with doors on each end (allows access to genset),
- Pretreatment systems, automatic backwash control, cartridge filters, and chemical injection,
- High pressure positive displacement pumps with VFD, FRP RO pressure vessels, and energy recovery device (ERD),
- Integrated permeate flush/clean-in-place system with flush tank,
- PLC based control system for automatic operation. Control system includes a complete set of electronic sensors for pressure, flow, and product quality,
- Integral diesel genset comprised of a Perkins diesel engine and Stamford alternator. Includes exhaust system, cooling system, generator controller, main circuit breaker, and 600 gallon fuel tank,
- Genset is installed in a separate compartment of the container and is accessed by the second set of doors on the opposite end of the container.
A Shelter Relief Vault or SRV is also an ISO container with high quality FEMA and US military approved designs, which include solar panels on the roof, bunk beds, and partition walls. The shelters are ergonomically designed domed Shelters that include bunk beds for sleeping and storage space.
Our systems consist of thirty-four military grade 20'x40' tents with approximately 27,200 sqft of covered living space stored inside inter modal shipping containers for easy deployment. They are suitable for high winds (up to 70 mph), heavy snow, and sand storms. The units are designed for cost-effective shipment and deployment, long-term dependability, and superior housing efficiency.
The tents offer the following features:
- Can withstand 70 mph wind load (code per IBC),
- 3 psf utility or ground snow load (code per IBC),
- Membrane fabric is 16 oz laminate PVC Opaque in either tan or white colors,
- Comes with bunks, zipper doors, fabric floor liner, tool kits, electric military fluorescent light fixtures with wiring and plug, electrical panel,
- Can be setup in 20 minutes.